Tuesday 26 November 2013

London for lunch

Yesterday I took the train and went to London to meet some of the ladies from my Breast Cancer Care forum.  Although we come from different parts of the country (and also France and Ireland) we all started chemo at the same time and have helped one another get through it and have become great friends. 


It was lovely to be able to finally put faces to the names
from the left :- Lisa, Karen (all the way from France), Gill, Christine, Elaine, Louise and me

We met at Brasserie Zedel just off Regent Street and as soon as I walked down the stairs I had an amazing sense of deja vu.  It turns out I'd been in the restaurant several years ago with Roger when it was called Atlantic. It only became Brasserie Zedel last year.  The food was excellent and we had a really good time.  Four of us declined dessert and instead went looking for a chocolate shop near Carnaby Street that we'd heard of.



The shop is called "Choccywocckydoodah" and some of their creations were astounding.


 We went upstairs to the cafe and were spoilt for choice.



Louise had a small portion of cappuccino cake


and I had a Tiffin.  Neither of us managed to eat more than a third as they were just too chocolatey.


Roger met me at the station and we got home around 9pm.  I'd had a wonderful day out.  Amazingly the train fare was only £20 return and hopefully I'll be able to go again next time we're in Birmingham.

No comments: