Sunday 26 May 2013

Gardening Done

When we lived in the house I never bothered much with the garden. As long as the grass was cut and the perennial bushes were tidy that was enough for me. It's different here on the boat though and I really enjoy our roof garden. I know it's not very big but I always manage to grow plenty of cherry tomatoes.  This year, as well as the 3 trailing tomato plants, I've also potted up marigolds for instant colour and geraniums and lobelia which should flower in about a month. I planted the herbs and lavender when we first moved onto the boat and are still growing well 3 years later.


Roger screws the planters together in pairs which serves two purposes. Firstly they are more stable and don't blow over in strong winds and secondly they are more difficult to steal.  This had happened to a boat we met at Marple the other week. We bought the bedding plants and tomatoes from Asda. They have some really good deals on at the moment and all these plants only cost £16.

No comments: