Thursday 14 February 2013

Lots of Weather!

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly our British weather changes. Yesterday it was positively Arctic. We had and inch of snow during the afternoon but then in the early evening this changed to rain which quickly melted all the snow. Overnight we had extremely strong winds and torrential rain which has raised the canal level by around 6". The by-wash opposite our mooring is now running at a fast pace when normally it's dry.


The towpath is also saturated and every time a cyclist goes past the boat gets splattered with mud. In typically British fashion today is warm & bright!


One good thing about bad weather is that I can quite happily stay indoors and get on with my hooky without feeling guilty. I've finally finished this coat for my granddaughter and will be starting the blanket later today. I just need to work out which variation of Granny Square I'm going to use.


Bad weather also means I have time for baking and I made these fruit bars yesterday afternoon. They're another variation on the flapjack theme and are absolutely delicious. If you'd like the recipe you can find it HERE



No comments: