Wednesday 13 June 2012

Weed hatch

Roger hardly ever has to go down our weed hatch, but when he does he always wears these long arm pond gloves.


Unfortunately the seams leak, so while they protect against cuts he still gets a bit wet.  Normally this isn't too much of a problem, but when we were on the BCN we spoke to a guy who'd got something on his prop and went down the weed hatch to clear it without wearing gloves.  Later in the day he developed chemical burns on his arm from the pollution in the water. That got me thinking how I could make sure it didn't happen to Roger, so I tried coating the seams in the gloves with Storm Seam Repair glue which I'd had in stock in case our waterproofs ever got ripped. He hadn't used the gloves again until we got onto the Grand Union the other day and I'm now happy to tell you the glue worked.


If you're interested, you can buy it in outdoor/camping shops or on Amazon HERE

Having used this glue on the gloves, I also think it'll work well if we ever need to repair the cratch cover.


No comments: