Thursday 8 January 2015

One Week On The Wagon

Back in November 2012 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. 2013 was a write-off as regards cruising while I had the treatment that saved my life. 2014 saw us doing a lot of cruising although I wasn't allowed to operate locks or do anything too strenuous. 2015 however is going to be different. I'm now "all clear" and fit enough to resume working the locks as well as steering.

To celebrate Roger and I have joined the Dryathlon. We've given up alcohol for the month of January and are donating the money we would have spent on booze to Cancer Research. Anyone who knows us personally knows that we drink/drank way too much beer and red wine so a month off the pop will benefit both Cancer Research and our livers.

We posted on Face Book yesterday and have so far received £40 in donations in addition to the £150 we'll personally be donating.

If you'd like to help and sponsor us please use this LINK to donate online via Just Giving, if you pay tax you can also "gift aid" your donation. Alternatively you can text RYJG55 £5 (or any other amount) to 70070  which is JustTextGiving by Vodafone


Thank You 
XXX




2 comments:

Les Biggs said...

My 2015 is also my all clear year. Just have to be aware that nothing is certain with that big C.
Justhave to get on with life.
Wish you the very bbest of health for 2015 and way beyond.
Les

Yvonne said...

Same to you too Les, Life's way too short so I intend making the most of it every day X